Welcome to the EE 461 web site!
You may bring formula sheet
to the exam. During the exam, the computers will be
disconnected from the internet. If you need
material for the lab portion, bring hard copy.
for assignments will be posted on PAWS.
- All notices, notes, assignments, labs and extra class
materials will be on this site
- The newest notices are at the top of the list, check
often to be sure you don't miss anything
- It is your responsibility to keep up-to-date on the material
contained on this website
- Instructor: A. Saadat Mehr, Phone: 2006, Office:3B04,
- Class Schedule, MWF 10:30-11:20
- Office hours: 1:30-3:00 Tuesdays, and Thursdays
- Labs: Wednesday, 2:30-5:30PM in 2C82.
The overall performance is calculated based on the following:
Assignments, Quizzes and class performance
Note: In order to pass the course you need
to do all the labs
mid-term test you can bring a two-sided formula sheet (i.e., 2
pages, 8 by 11 in); In the final exam you can
bring 4 pages as formula sheet (8 by 11 in); but no books, class
notes, or other materials are allowed.
V. Oppenheim and Ronald W. Schafer, Discrete-Time Signal Processing, 3rd
Edition, Prentice Hall, 2010
-Sampling and quantization,
discrete time processing of continuous time signals
- Analysis of filters:
All pass, minimum-phase and generalized linear phase systems
-Windowing and FFT
-FIR and IIR Filter design methods
- Applications in image processing
assignments are to be given and are due the following week by 4:00 pm;
please drop your assignments in the EE 461 Assignment Box.
note that late assignments will not be accepted unless a
legitimate reason (illness, religious conviction, etc.) exists and is
discussed with the instructor.
to the assignments will be prepared by the instructor, but your
assignments will be marked by TAs. Solutions will be available on
the course web-site.