Departments & Divisions
> Mechanical Engineering
> Industry & Other Partners
Information for Industry and Other Partners
There are a number of ways in which the department works with partners in industry, government and other organizations.
- Research: A significant number of the research projects in the department involve industrial and government partners who provide funding, expertise, and access to special research facilities. Partner organizations are based in Saskatchewan, across Canada, and around the world.
- Industrial Design Projects : Students in our second and fourth year design project courses work on practical engineering problems supplied by sponsors from industry, government and other organizations.
- Tours and Guest Speakers: Many of our classes include industrial tours and guest speakers from outside the university.
- Engineering Professional Internship Program (EPIP): Students in the College of Engineering’s EPIP program work with companies for a period of 8, 12 or 16 months between their third and fourth years.
- Scholarships and Awards: Undergraduate and graduate students receive scholarships and awards that are funded by provincial and federal government agencies, industry, non-profit and other organizations, and individual donors.
- Facilities: Many of the facilities and equipment in our department have been purchased using funds provided by government agencies, industry, suppliers, non-profit and other organizations and individual donors.
For more information on how your organization can work with the department, please contact: